The Official LIMITED EDITION H.M. Queen's Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Chess Set & Chess Board
- SKU - 38
- Free Shipping
Customers please note we have Very Limited Stock Left of this Limited Edition Collector’s Chess Set When Sold NO MORE!
The Official Limited Edition H.M. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Hand Painted Commemorative Chess Set complete with an Elegant Leather Chess Board
The Chess Store Australia is proud to have secured for our valued customers – “The Limited Edition Official Diamond Jubilee Hand Decorated Commemorative Chess Set” complete with an Elegant Fine Leather Chess Board.
This remarkable Limited Edition Chess set has been created by Studio Anne Carlton, specially designed to celebrate a historical milestone for Great Britain of Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. This magnificent Chess Set has been Developed in partnership with St George's Chapel Windsor and depicts HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh on the occasion of the Garter Day Ceremony at Windsor Castle.
All the chess pieces are housed safely inside the carton that has individually custom cut out moulded spaces to snuggly fit each piece.
The managing director of Studio Anne Carlton, Michel Lee, describes this exquisitely crafted set as appealing “not just to chess players but to all those people around the world who acknowledge the British Royal Family and wish to own and enjoy a delightful and useable piece of historical value and collectible memorabilia”.
The Diamond Jubilee chess set includes a Parchment Certificate and reflects the importance of the event that the British Royal family have celebrated 60 glorious years sine Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne in 1952.
About the Diamond Jubilee Chess set Collection
- Since 1969 Studio Anne Carlton has been renowned as the world's premier designer and manufacturer of decorative chess sets
- Designed and sculpted in the UK to exacting detail
- Manufactured from ground stone resin with each piece individually hand painted
- The Bishop is modeled on the Right Reverend David Connor - The Dean of Windsor
- The Knight is based on a Military Knight of Windsor, an order of Knights which were formed in 1348 and are the oldest formation of the British Army
- The Rook is modelled on the Round Tower of Windsor Castle which dates back to the earliest days after the Norman Conquest in 1066
- The Pawn depicts a Chorister from St George's Chapel
- Design fully approved by the Lord Chamberlain's Office at Buckingham Palace
- Bespoke colour presentation packaging incorporating the official Diamond Jubilee logo
- All products are time limited with the final manufacturing date of 30th September 2012
King : HRH The Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip was installed as a Knight of the Garter in 1948 by the Queen's father, King George VI. Both King George and his consort, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother are buried in St Georges' Chapel. Price Philip's robes are similar to those of the Sovereign except that the badge of the Order in embroidered on the mantle rather than the Star.
Queen : HM The Queen Elizabeth II acceded to the throne in February 1952. She was installed as a Lady of the Order of the Garter during a service in 1948. Her Majesty is shown wearing the Sovereign's robes of the Order, a mantle of blue velvet with the Garter Star embroidered on the left hand side. The Queen wears around her neck the collar of the Order from which hangs the famous motif of St George fighting the dragon.
Bishop : Right Rev. David Conner who as the dean of Windsor, is also the Register of the Order of the Garter. A number of Deans of Windsor have been Bishops before being designated to Windsor. bishop Conner is dressed in convocation robes and around his neck wears both a pectoral cross and the badge of the Register of the order of the Garter.
Knight : A Military Knight of Windsor The Military Knights of Windsor were founded in 1348 as part of the College of St George, and today comprise a Governor and twelve officers. they live within Windsor Castle and regularly attend services to pray for the Sovereign and Knights of the Garter.
Rook : The Round Tower of Windsor Castle Windsor Castle dates from the earliest days after the Norman Conquest in 1066 and has belonged to the Sovereigns of England for over 900 years. The earliest stone keep was built in the late 12th century by Henry II and was raised to its present height in 1830 to become Windsor Castle's most famous landmark.
Pawn : Chorister The choir of St George's Chapel consists of 23 boys who attend St George's School & 12 Lay Clerks - professional male singers. The Chapel choir sings at eight services a week during term time.
Also included is our beautiful Custom Designed Elegant Classic Chess Board, with a Genuine handcrafted fine leather surface, while the bottom of the Chess board is finished off with a durable billiard green felt pad. All this is fitted over a selected timber inner base that will provide for a robust and perfectly smooth playing surface. By Elegant we mean this Chess board will provide you with a playing surface that has the beauty and richness of a natural product that leather is, but has been designed to be subtle enough to remain as a backdrop to the game not the centre of it.
The full size Custom Designed playing Chess board measures 53cm (21 X 21 inches) in size, with 55mm squares. The rich Burgundy fine leather border, provides for an absolutely gorgeous contrasting colour to the Royal Dark Blue and light off white fine leather squares that certainly compliments the various “colour” chess pieces.
- Height of King is 13.4cm - 5 1/4 inches
- Weight of King is 145g
- Height of Pawn is is 9.5cm
- Weight of Pawn is 68g
- King's Base Diameter is 4.3cm
- Overall Weight unpackaged is 2.6kg
- Materials used - Stone Resin Composite
- Leather Chess Board Included
- You will also receive a FREE beautiful zip up faux leather cover for your Custom designed, hand made Chess Board, valued at $29.95.
We only have limited stock, to avoid disappointment, order your Official Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Chess Set today, as once sold out we will not have any more for sale.